VVIP Lab is looking for highly-motivated students for Ph.D and master program in 2021 summer and 2021 Fall quarters internally in UCSD. We recommend an internship or ECE299, a research course, to explore your research interest and fit at the beginning. (If you want to explore this area in general without research activity, I recommend taking "ECE284: Low-power VLSI Implementation for Machine Learning".)
Currently, we have multiple exciting research topics (3 digital hardware, 3 mixed-signal hardware, and 2 algorithm co-optimization projects, but all the research topics are somewhat inter-disciplinary).
We are looking for passionate and strong researchers who can lead the project and write an academic literature independently rather than helping trivial labor-intensive tasks.
For three research pillars listed below, the required skillsets as an ideal candidate are described below:
1. Digital machine learning accelerator architecture:
- Verilog/VHDL, synthesis/auto-PnR with Cadence tools
2. Mixed-signal circuit for low-power AI hardware:
- Full custom transistor-level circuit design, silicon tape-out experience highly welcomed
3. Algorithm hardware co-optimization in machine learning system:
- Pytorch/tensor flow, familiar with machine learning network models for inference/training
Again, rather than any specific skillset listed above, we are looking for highly-motivated and passionate students. We can provide relevant training for your missing skillsets.
For any further questions and discussion, you can email me: email@example.com
- State which pillar (out of three pillars listed above) you are interested in.
- Attach your updated CV and transcript (optional)
UCSD Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department